Monday, February 2, 2009

Jumping into your Goals

Why have I been 'pounding the table' so much on goal setting for this year?

Well, as my coaching students often tell me, the goals that we set together always seem beyond their reach. I quickly agree and remind each student that setting true goals - aspirational goals - requires a new way of thinking. If you are a part of the exit planning business, you are a pioneer and you need to align your thinking and actions with the potential for this business. And it is still the beginning of the year with plenty of time to set a firm agenda for 2009.

One thing that Pinnacle does better than anyone else in the world is help our Members set and reach their exit planning goals. We do this because we have a unique product - exit strategy planning - and, as we are repeatedly told, we have the right mix of skills and experience, both in content as well as in marketing and selling, to assist you in driving new client acquisition in your practice.

Many advisors ask how I did what I did in 2008 with the growth of Pinnacle as well as the publication of Exiting Your Business, Protecting Your Wealth. Let me begin by asking you a few important questions:

Are you thinking that the economy is going to slow you down from hitting your goals?

Does the bad news on the TV, in the papers and online reports impact how you feel about the prospect for your business in 2009?

Do you empathize so strongly with the current employment and recession statistics that you feel like you simply want to survive 2009 and 'ride this thing out'?

Well, once I had the techniques and the mindset to see and work through these 'challenges', I tapped into an energy that kept me going right through the troubles of last year and, with a strong wind at Pinnacle's back this year, we know that a quantum leap is already happening both for us and our coaching clients.

What got me going and kept me going? I started to think and see things differently. That is what I am passionate about sharing with those who are looking for similar results in 2009.

Click here to see how I made a leap towards my goals last year - enjoy:

Specializing in Business Exit Strategies, John M. Leonetti, Esq., M.S. Finance, CM&AA founded Pinnacle Equity Solutions to provide exit strategy planning services to business owners as well as education and training programs for professional advisors. To learn more about John's Exit Strategy Services and his recently published book, "Exiting Your Business, Protecting Your Wealth", visit ExitingYourBusiness.com

No comments: